|2015 Events at the Mill
|DELTA MAPLE SYRUP FESTIVAL - APRIL 18 & 19
Saturday, April 18
Sunday, April 19
- Old Stone Mill - Open for tours all day (9am to 3pm). Blacksmith and Milling demonstrations starting at 1 pm
- Books and Treats at the Old Town Hall - 9am to 3pm. Hundreds of used books plus lots of fresh mouthwatering baking.
- Book and Bake Sale at the Old Town Hall continues - 9am to 3pm
- Old Stone Mill will be open for tours - 9am to 3pm
- Saturday, May 16 - SEASON OPENING OLD STONE MILL - Old Stone Mill opens for the season - 10 am to 5 pm daily
- Tuesday, June 9 - DELTA MILL SOCIETY AGM -
- Saturday, June 4 - FISH FRY -
At the Old Stone Mill, 4 to 6 pm.
- Thursday, July 23 to Sunday, July 26 - 185th Annual Delta Fair - all sorts of fun for young and old alike. Visit the mill and take in a traditional Ontario country fair. For full details see: www.deltafair.com
- Saturday, August 22 - FUNDRAISING DINNER -
Sir John Eh! - celebrating Canada's first Prime Minister, Sir John A. Macdonald, at the Old Town Hall. Details TBA
- Saturday, October 3 - HARVEST FESTIVAL - At the Old Stone Mill and the Old Town Hall, 9 am to 3 pm.
Annual Event Descriptions
- Delta Maple Syrup Festival weekend: This is an annual spring event in Delta, held on the third weekend in April, features pancakes with maple syrup served at the Delta Fair Ground and sales of maple products and crafts. The Delta Mill Society cooperates with the Festival committee by opening the Mill for special demonstrations, exhibits and tours. For more information about the Delta Maple Syrup Festival, see the Delta Fair Website (they organize the Delta Maple Syrup Festival)
- Annual Delta Fair in July: held on the fourth weekend in July, this is the longest-running country fair in Ontario. The Mill is always a feature point of interest for visitors to the area. On the first day of the Fair there is an annual parade and the Mill Society enters a float designed on a historical theme. For more information about the Delta Fair, see the Delta Fair Website
- Thanksgiving Festival:
For many years The Delta Mill Society has hosted this October event. In 2015, the event was moved to the Saturday before Thankgiving (to make it easier for volunteer participation). It features a sale of home baking, preserves, vegetable produce, crafts, plants, dried flowers, all donated by members of the community. Visitors arrive from Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and many other centres to enjoy the country atmosphere of this lovely village, to purchase the sale products and to take part in the activities and demonstrations of special interest (such as blacksmithing) sponsored by the Society.
photo by: Ken Watson
|Harvest bounty at the |
annual Harvest Festival
- Christmas Lights in the Mill: Each Christmas season the Delta Mill Society installs large lighted candles and wreaths in the Mill windows and people come from many miles around to see this beautiful seasonal display. As one local business person wrote to the Society "the Mill's windows glow like small jewels on cold winter nights". This display is now paired with Delta's Celebrating the Season with thousands of lights in Lower Beverley Lake Park.
||The Delta Mill Society
Box 172, Delta, Ontario K0E 1G0
Tel: 613-928-2584 (office)